Awe Shux is currently our league President and Events Coordinator. In the past she has held our Sponsorship and Fundraising seat. She is always ready and willing to help out in anyway possible and we really couldn’t do what we do without her help.
May’s Skater of the Month
1. How long have you been playing?
- I’m coming up on my 5th year
2. Why Roller Derby?
- I’m a homeschooling mom of 2 teenage daughters. It’s the perfect way to keep my sanity in check. But seriously, I craved a way to be more healthy, fit and active. Roller derby seemed like a fun way to achieve those things. I had no idea it would do just that and exceed my expectations
3. Worst Derby related injury?
- Knee bone bruise, a good head bonk.
4. What is your favorite position to play and why?
- Jammer. There’s nothing like the feeling of going fast into a wall of skaters ready to knock you straight into next week.
5. What has playing derby taught you about yourself?
- I am one strong woman. I am devoted and hard working. The only thing that can stand in my way is myself…and I can overcome that.
6. What is the most rewarding part of being a member of YCDD?
- An incredible sisterhood of amazing individuals. I’ve encountered some of the hardest moments in my life while going through my derby journey, and these people have seen me through it all.
7. What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
- Picking things up and putting them down…
- Spending time with my family and my two dachshunds
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- A bear. Strong, fast, agile and fierce with a good appetite, curious nature and the ability to sleep all winter.
9. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you bring with you?
- 1. My husband Johnny Bullet
- 2. Comfy beach chair
- 3. Cheap sunglasses
10. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?