Skater of the Month
The Dapper Asian
1. How long have you been playing?
2. Why Roller Derby?
It’s a rush, it brings me to complete focus when I’m on the track.
3. Worst Derby related injury?
A mild concussion.
4. What is your favorite position to play and why?
Blocking, it’s very satisfying to be able to hold a jammer back.
5. What has playing derby taught you about yourself?
That my endurance isn’t as great as I previously thought.
6. What is the most rewarding part of being a member of YCDD?
By far the people and their dedication. They love the sport and to compete. I’m very competitive myself so it sits well with me. The practices push you, if you keep showing up you will get better.
7. What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
I don’t know what off time is… just kidding. I love going to the beach with my wife.
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
Maybe a whale, a bowhead whale. They can live for over 200 years and have the brain capacity to process experiences.
9. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you bring with you?
My wife, daughter and my dog; we can figure out the rest. If it has to be inanimate objects then a kayak, paddle and flare because I’d need to get back to civilization.
10. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?