Meet Ruby Wrecker!
1. How long have you been playing?
- 5 years
2. Why Roller Derby?
- It is such an adrenaline rush. I love how much it pushes me to better myself both on and off the track. It is also a great stress reliever.
3. Worst Derby related injury?
- Its a tie between the concussion that left me speaking as if I was drunk for a few days, or when I stretched the ligaments and tendons in my foot and was in a boot for 2 months.
4. What is your favorite position to play and why?
- Blocker. I love to hit people. I don’t think there is a better feeling then taking out an opposing player and knocking them flat on their ass.
5. What has playing derby taught you about yourself?
- It has taught me that I am one strong woman and am capable of darn near anything.
6. What is the most rewarding part of being a member of YCDD?
- We are very close and consider one another sisters. We know that we can pick up the phone and call any one of us and we will be there without question.
7. What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
- Spending time with my family.
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- A wolf, they are very loving and protective of their packs and God help anyone who messes with the pack.
9. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you bring with you?
- A knife, a fishing rod, and rum (lots of rum).
10. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes.