Skater of the Month
1. How long have you been playing?
I started in March of 2017 so a little over two years now!
2. Why Roller Derby?
When I found out it was a real sport I had to learn more. Who doesn’t want to play roller derby? I didn’t think I would ever actually stick with it and I had no idea how much I would fall in love with skating
3. Worst Derby related injury?
I forget what exactly happened but one of the bones in my ankle split or something.
4. What is your favorite position to play and why?
I love to block! Blocking is so much fun and there are so many different ways to block.
5. What has playing derby taught you about yourself?
That if I stick with something and practice I will succeed.
6. What is the most rewarding part of being a member of the YCDD?
All of the people! And just being a part of a positive and strong group of men and women in the community.
7. What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
Recently I’ve been spending all of my time that I’m not skating at derby, trying to navigate the skatepark. If I’m not at the skatepark I’m probably skating at a park or a trail somewhere. I also love rock climbing.
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
I would want to be a cat because they have very little responsibility and can just chill all day.
9. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you bring with you?
My cat, my skates, and a device with unlimited books to read.
10. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?