1. How long have you been playing?
- I started playing in November of 2010.
2. Why Roller Derby?
- I’m not really sure. My husband and friend nagged me for months. I finally broke down went to see a game and ended up at a recruitment night the following week. I drank the Kool-Aid.
3. Worst Derby related injury?
- There’s a list!!! I’m not sure if I can choose. The top two are…. kick to the back of my skull resulting in a Dura Leak ( I leaked Spinal fluid from my nose for months) and breaking my ankle
4. What is your favorite position to play and why?
- I love to block. Nothing beats crushing a jammers soul over and over again.
5. What has playing derby taught you about yourself?
- That I have to someday come to terms that not everyone has the drive or dedication that I have. I’m getting there……
6. What is the most rewarding part of being a member of YCDD?
- Taking into account that I’m in a coaching position the most rewarding part is watching my team mates grow, learn a new skill, having tiny light bulb moments when strategy I’ve been teaching makes sense.
7. What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
- What is time off? I kid… actually I don’t. When I do have spare time I’m usually at home working on a project around the house, hanging out with the family or various other things I find to occupy my time.
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- A sloth, they live life slow.
9. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you bring with you?
- Cast net, water purifier and a knife.
10. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Shrimp tacos from Grand Falloon’s